Sunday, February 13, 2011

Skirt Chaser 5k

I was not sure if I was going to run this or not because I've been down with a cold all week.  I had been off the week before due to a newly diagnosed Iron deficiency so going into this race I had only logged 4 miles instead of my normal 15/week.  I decided to go for it anyway because I was starting to feel a little bit better though. Well, it didn't go as well as I'd hoped.  I didn't fuel or hydrate properly before the race and got myself a little bit dehydrated waiting out at the park in the noon day heat without even a water bottle.  I didn't eat anything either which is a huge no-no, just had a muscle milk as I was leaving work.  I won't bore you with too many of the details, but needless to say I learned a lot about how to prepare for a race, especially one in the middle of an 80 degree day.

No comments:

Post a Comment