Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Feels like fall and progress

Since the weekend,  the temperatures have started to drop. Sevrine is not such a big fan of the cold, but colder temperatures normally mean faster runs for me. This morning was no exception. I planned on just 2 miles today and wanted to do it based on feel and not look at my watch. I still had my watch set to alert me if I exceeded or fell below my target heart rate zone but wanted to just run today. My watch alerted me once, but surprisingly it said I had fallen below even though my pace was good. Naturally I picked up the pace. When all was said and done I had completed the 2.15 miles in about 10:30 pace, which is a whole minute faster per mile than my normal training pace. I was almost surprised that I wasn't panting at the end of the run. I can't wait until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment