Thursday, October 3, 2013

Progress is progress

So, we know that I have changed up how I train. Going slow is both hard and hugely motivating for me. While I hate going slow, I love that I don't need to want to take any walk breaks on my runs. Even when the hills seem extra hard I know that at this slower pace its not necessary.  Today was on e of those days. In the first mile my right calf and Achilles were tight and sore. Just after that mile is the longest and steepest incline of my run. By keeping my pace easy I felt like the hill was much easier than I would have previously.

So, the little progress I've made is this: while maintaining the same heart rate average I'm running 15 seconds per mile faster than in the first 2 weeks of this new training method. It's not much, but its progress, and with all of the hills I'll take it. I can't wait to see how this will effect my 5k time.

No comments:

Post a Comment