Friday, April 15, 2011

30 Days!

We're in the home stretch now.  There are only 30 days left until the Half Marathon and I'm a mix of excited and nervous.  I'm hoping that the nervous energy and the training will push me to finish the whole thing without walking.  Missing 4 weeks in February really hurt me and I don't really feel like I've recovered from that.  My longest run before the race will only be 9 miles.  Part of me is tempted to accelerate my training a little and turn my second 8 mile run into 9 then have mile next two weeks be 10 then 11.  We'll see how I feel though on this weekend's 7 mile run.  Since it's my first Half I'll be in good shape as far as my time goes, but I set a goal to finish it in 2:10 and if I'm much slower than that I know that I'll be a little disappointed.  I've already commited to at least one more Half Marathon.  I'm also thinking of doing the Women's Half in November here, then possible doing the Full Marathon in Vegas the following year.  All of this I think will hinge on how I feel after the Half, but I've already got the racing bug and want to continue to get faster. So, welcome to the last 30 days of my journey to becoming a Marathoner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment