Thursday, November 25, 2010

Week Two - Almost complete

Well, today was my 2nd training day of Week 2 to get ready for the Marine Corps Half in May.  It was a less than stellar run, as far as runs go.  My pace time was a minute slower, but I'd like to blame that on the wind being in my face for about half the run and the horrendous stitch in my side that started part way up the hill (about half way through the run).  This was nor normal stitch, one that I would normally run through, this was bad, stretching from my upper rib cage down to my hip.  I've never felt anything like it.  I just had to walk the hill and wait for it to go away.  Once at the top of the hill it was a little better, but had already killed my mood.  And it was freezing outside (at least for Arizona).  Running when it's 40 degrees outside is really not my idea of fun, but training is way to important for me to punk out on a training day.  I may switch up training a little bit, because I really like running few miles and more often during the week.  Everything I've read so far says to add only 10% to your weekly mileage.  So, I'm going to go back to my 2 and 3 mile per day runs with a slightly longer weekend run and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment